Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hummel Battery, part 2

For the second vehicle in my sturmartillerie gun section, I opted to go with a flat dunkelgelb paint scheme. I will be painting all the vehicles individually to  reflect individual choices with field-applied paint.... ok, so maybe I just get a little squirrely painting the same thing over and over.
On the second vehicle, I went for the on-the-move look, with the barrel of the gun locked in place. Note that seen clearly here, I prefer not to paint my tracks metallic. Most images (and even actual vehicles) that i've seen show tracks either covered in earth or lightly to heavily rusted. Moreover, at this scale, metallic paint stands out a bit too much for my taste, and distracts from rather than adds to a paint scheme, adding focal points where i don't want them.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...