Friday, December 10, 2010

Hummel Battery part 1


One of the things i like best about the tiny Flames of War models is the opportunity to work on a variety of exotic armored vehicles without having to purchase expensive large scale kits. Before I found this model range, I would have to devote quite a bit of money for each kit. Now I am free to sample the myriad AFV designs of the Second World War.

Continuing on with my LW German army, I've decided to provide artillery support through the use of sturmartillerie, in particular the Hummel. These large SPGs have always been a favorite of mine, and the open crew compartment gives some fun modelling challenges.

The first of my battery is painted up in typical 3 color camouflage, and I chose this one to be firing, with its gun lock folded down onto the forward hull.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...