Monday, December 31, 2018

3D Printed E100 part III


When I finally got the surface prepped to the point in the graph where satisfaction and impatience for the fun part intersect, I moved on to prime and paint my 3D Printed E100.

This model was my chance to try out Vallejo's Dunkelgelb primer. I thinned it with Windex and applied with an airbrush. I'm not entirely sure how well it bonded, as the Tamiya putty surface was likely more friendly to the paint than raw PLA would have been.

The parts where I didn't fill the print gaps well at least read a bit like Zimmerit...

Weathering uses two new (to me) techniques: I employed artists' oils for washing and streaking, as well as Vallejo pigment powder for the oxidation effect.

I was dumb.
The next picture I was going to take was a shot with another 15mm scale tank to show just how large this is, but I made a foolish mistake and attempted to correct the very slight droop on the barrel, so there will be one more (hopefully) last post with a few final pics on this tank before I am able to put this project to rest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...