Thursday, September 26, 2013

Giving in to the [Grim] Dark Side



Well, I have finally gone and done it. After years resisting, I have started to work on some Warhammer 40k Space Marines.
I must say I appreciate the challenge of painting a clean smooth color over a whole figure. It is quite different from my normal figure choice consisting mostly of cloth uniform, and as often as not with a printed/woven pattern in it. I like using white for a few reasons. First, it reminds me of Imperial Stormtroopers, who are still the best looking space troops to date.



Secondly, white fits into the chromatic hierarchy of my 40k Imperial Guard force. The more elite the unit, the more white it wears (it is a winter force, so the veterans are in an off-white snow camo). Thus a clean white armor follows the same meta-logic and they are the most elite/ best equipped of my men.
(Please pardon my lengthy monologue...)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...