Sunday, September 9, 2018

Desert Table



One of the projects I have been working on of late has been a sand/desert terrain table. A recent lucky find of several sheets of 4ft x 8ft MDF boards being discarded as a part of a local home remodel in my neighborhood tipped me over the edge and into action. As was with the case of the portable game table, this table would need to scale between 15mm and 28 (and now 32 mm!) figures. Thankfully desert is not difficult to do this with. This is a classic style table, with glued sand painted with several layers of paint.
So these pics are of a nearly complete table; there are still a few more things I want to polish off before I consider this table Done. As it stands, I have two 3ft by 4ft sections of table surface, enough terrain to cover 1/4 of it. The matching terrain pieces are some hills, a 15mm scale desert dwelling, and some amorphous blob pieces for area terrain or at least adding some variety to an endless sea of sand.

This terrain will primarily serve as the sands of North Africa for my Flames of War 7th Armoured Division. I have nearly completed a small house at this scale that can serve as cover and objective, and have a second one cut from styrofoam.

While I get my build tutorial in order, please enjoy the pics of the (really close to being done) table.
(So of course with a new terrain set, I had to try out some of my favorite figures on it...)
This house will probably get one more highlight drybrush to bring it a little closer to white.
Perry Brothers Madhists
Rangers and Delta from Skirmish Sangin's Maalinti Rangers set
15mm Shermans in 7th Armoured service.
Looking for droids in all the wrong places.
Raid on Scarif

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...